This one’s for new Mozilla hires. I’m not good with faces/names, which can of course be embarrassing for a new PM. I needed a quick way to query people’s names in the Mozilla Phonebook.
I didn’t take the time to write a proper Cocoa service, instead opting for an Automator workflow w/ AppleScript. I was having trouble with prompting Firefox to open a URL with spaces in it, so forgive the fact that I blow away your pasteboard to open the link (feel free to fix).
Basically you highlight a name, irc nick, or email address in Mail.app and then hit whatever keyboard shortcut you assigned. Steps to install/use after the break.
1. Download: Look Up in Phonebook.zip
2. Extract into ~/Library/Services/
3. Assign a keyboard shortcut to it
4. Select a name (or email address from Mail.app)
5. Hit your keyboard shortcut (shift+cmd+’ in my case)
6. Oh that guy. Hmph…